Aging networks create several challenges - including lesser revenue, higher failure rates, lack of standardisation, interoperability, and compromised network security. Legacy networks severely limit the ability to respond to changing customer expectations, and hence reduce the business opportunities.
Since the onus of ensuring reliable and instant access of data falls on network infrastructure, there is immense pressure on enterprise networks to enable the performance of almost all technologies that sit on top. Read More..
One careful look at today's networks and it'll be difficult to not notice a sense of a certain structure - one that has followed a 'build-on-top-of-legacy' approach. As a result, there is a huge scattering of resources in networks that have run their lifecycles and yet, CSPs pay to run them, owing to several unknown purposes they serve.
Some of the key challenges that restrict current networks from transitioning are:
STL NetMode is a unique network modernization solution that comprises building networks and connecting users to the data processing layer at the data centre. It is a combination of access layer connecting to the users with two separate identities - namely software defined wireless, software defined fixed access; aggregating at the converged MPLS network and connecting to the hyperscale DC for processing & storing data.
Once the network is built, it is imperative to maintain security at all the layers and to monitor and manage the entire network, the application layer plays a key role. The solution has the capability to design and build an end-to-end network.
The five main building blocks of Network Modernization Solution are:
1. Software Defined Access: Automates user and device policy for any application across the wireless (Software-Defined Radio, Network in a Box) and Fixed Access (Ethernet and FTTx Mantra)
2. Hyper Converged Core: Creation of a core transport network of OTN/DWDM with an overlay of software defined routing-based MPLS network.
3. Hyperscale Data Centre: Creating a network mesh of interconnected data centres, cloud service providers, and internet exchanges, which is managed by an orchestration platform and our expertise in data design engineering.
4. Applications: Suite of applications hosted over an agile and scalable data center, powered by advanced technologies such as IoT, AI, analytics, and automation to ensure robust business performance and maintain compliance and reporting.
5. Cyber Security: A full suite to secure end-to-end cyber infrastructure, threat lifecycle management solution, enabling mitigation of cyber threats and attacks across end user, network, data centre, cloud, and application layers. Read Less..