Technology has always played a pivotal role in transforming our worlds for the better. As a sector, it has been one of the biggest drivers of growth, value and innovation. We now see a shift towards rapid digitisation across sectors. But digitisation let alone cannot be the single driver of innovation and change, it will need to be a blend of digital and human capabilities. Therefore, technology has to transcend boundaries and be more collaborative to spark the change.
As emerging markets take the centre-stage frugal innovations are poised to redefine the industry for good. The Boston Consulting Group along with some of the greatest minds in the technology sector are focussing upon top tech companies across the globe that have an ambition and potential to reinvent and reshape the industries. Since 2006, every year BCG identifies the top 100 tech companies that are contributing significantly to changing the world. 2020 BCG Tech Challengers list of 100 emerging-market tech challengers consists of companies chosen for their adoption of technology, industry position, business models, and proven market traction. This year, 2020 BCG Tech Challengers list, ranks STL as one of the “BCG tech challengers”.
The BCG tech challengers are a truly global group, representing 14 countries from all major regions.They are active in multiple sectors, spanning B2C and B2B. The distribution of tech challengers spans across industry segments including Semiconductors, Robotics, Consumer devices, Enterprise software, cloud, IT services, Advanced analytics and AI, Cybersecurity, Superapp platforms, Social and lifestyle, Gaming, Video streaming, E-commerce, Financial services, Health care, Education, Logistics, Industrial goods and Energy. Average valuation of emerging market BCG tech challengers is around $6.3billion.
The BCG 100 Emerging-Market Tech Challengers are as as follows :
1) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers India and South Asia (17) : BigBasket • BlackBuck • Byju's • CureFit • Delhivery • Dream11 • Druva • Lenskart • Ola • PhonePE • Policybazaar • Practo • Sterlite Technologies • Swiggy • Udaan • Unacademy • Zomato
2) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Israel (9) : CyberArk Software • ironSource • Landa Digital Printing • Monday.com • OrCam • Payoneer • Playtika • SolarEdge Technologies • Wix.com
3) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Southeast Asia (8): FPT Corporation • Gojek • Grab • Lazada • Razer • Sea Group • Tokopedia • Visionet International (Ovo)
4) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers South Korea (8): Coupang • Kakao • KakaoBank • Krafton Game Union • Market Kurly • Pearl Abyss • Ticket Monster • Viva Republica
5) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Russia, Eastern Europe & Central Asia (6): 1C Group • Mail.ru Group • Playrix • Tinkoff Bank • Wildberries Marketplace • Yandex
6) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Central and South America (6): 99 • Creditas • iFood • Nubank • PagSeguro Digital • QuintoAndar
7) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Africa (3): Jumia • M-Pesa • Takealot.com
8) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Turkey (2): Getir • Good Job Games
9) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers UAE (1): • Media.net Advertising
10) 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Greater China (40): Baozun • Beike (Real Estate) • Bilibili • BYD Electronic (International) • ByteDance • Cainiao Network Technology • Contemporary Amperex Technology • Didi Chuxing • Face++ • Fuyoukache•Genimous Technology • Goertek • iFlytek • JOYY • Meicai • Meituan-Dianping • Mobvista • Nxin • OneConnect Financial Technology • Oppo Electronics•Pinduoduo • Ping An Healthcare and Technology Company • Qutoutiao • RootCloud • Sangfor Technologies • SenseTime • Shenzhen Goodix Technology • Shenzhen Hive Box Technology • Siasun Robot and Automation • Songshu AI• Unisoc • Vivo Global • Weizhong Bank • Wuhu Sanqi Interactive Entertainment Network Technology Group • Xforceplus • Xiaohongshu • Xiaomi Corporation • YITU Technology • Zhejiang Century Huatong Group • ZhongAn Online P&C Insurance
STL identified as one of the ‘BCG tech challengers’ is driving growth, innovation and value for the digital networks of tomorrow.As industry’s leading integrator of Digital Networks, we are empowering our customers to bring the Next-Gen Network for the World. Over the last 25 years, we have built unique capabilities - optical connectivity, large-scale digital network integration, and virtualized wireless capabilities. We are also leading one-of-a-kind 5G Ecosystem by investing in technology and assembling an ecosystem of partners in hardware manufacturing, cloud computing, and academia. Our integrated capabilities and 5G ecosystem strongly positions us to deliver the network that will bring the scale and quality to bring affordable Internet to the world.
The networks of the future will be built in a fundamentally different way by bringing together four specialised technological confluences:
STL named as one of Top Tech Challengers in 2020 BCG Tech Challengers Report 2020
We integrate digital networks for our customers
STL is an industry-leading integrator of digital networks
With STL’s 25 years of experience in Optical Fibre innovations and India-made secure 5G solutions, we enable full value of connectivity by building end to end technology solutions that make digital networks ready for tomorrow.
We design and integrate these digital networks for our customers. With core capabilities in Optical Interconnect, Virtualised Access Solutions, Network Software and System Integration, we are the industry’s leading end-to-end solutions provider for global digital networks. We partner with global telecom companies, cloud companies, citizen networks and large enterprises to deliver solutions for their fixed and wireless networks for current and future needs.
We bring ultra-fast connectivity to all of us
We are the only company in the world to have unique capabilities across all layers of the network.
From photonics and material science-based precision manufacturing to algorithmic design, ultra-fast deployment, AI analytics and programmable networks.
We believe in harnessing technology to create a world with next generation connected experiences that will transform billions of lives. With intense focus on end-to-end network solutions development, we conduct fundamental research in next-generation network applications at our Centres of Excellence.
We have four innovation centers for core research in optical fibre ultra-high speed connectivity and applied research on smarter networks. At last count, we had a global patent portfolio of 425 to our credit for optical connectivity, network services, and virtual mobile edge solutions.
Innovation is at the core of everything we do
We have a strong global presence and have historically supplied to over a 100 countries! Today, we are a $736 M. company (FY 20 revenue), with almost 34% of our revenues being export driven.
On the supply side, we have next-gen optical preform, fibre and cable manufacturing facilities in India, Italy, China and Brazil, along with two software-development centers across India and one data centre design facility in the UK. Our manufacturing facilities are world-class and we are the world’s first integrated optical fibre and cable manufacturer to be Zero Waste to Landfill certified.
We are an India-headquartered MNC
From frugal 5G and mini data centre kiosks to bring connectivity, apps and critical services to the remotest area to powering data-hungry applications for new tech such as augmented reality, enterprise IoT and autonomous cars, we are innovating to make digital ubiquitous.
Through our STL Academy, we are developing an ecosystem of highly skilled professionals in deploying and maintaining complex optical fibre networks.
Over 86,000 professionals and students have been certified with us.
We are transforming lives
We believe the networks of tomorrow are fundamentally different from the traditional ones. These hyper-scale networks are denser, deeply fiberised and software-defined with computing at the edge.
With our unique silicon to software capability, we design, build and manage solutions for such hyper-scale networks.
We are leading the future of networks
Over 3,000 people - we call ourselves STLers - from across 30 nationalities work with us. We are a Great Place to Work!
Together with our customers and partners, we STLers are taking digital networks and humanity beyond tomorrow.