The information contained in this website is for general information and educational purposes only. The information is provided by Sterlite Technologies Limited (“STL”) and while STL endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, STL makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained in this website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
STL owns or has procured on licence all proprietary rights with respect to the information provided on this website. The access to or use of any content on this website should not be construed as a licence, in whatsoever manner, is being granted to user.
In no event will STL be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. The content of website may be changed or updated without notice. User agrees not to modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in the website. User also agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained on this website.
Through this Website you are able to link to other websites/documents which are not under the control of STL. STL have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites/Documents. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- By accessing and using this Website, you provide your specific consent to the Website to use and collect the information provided by you. Please Note that for any information provided by you on the Website, it will be deemed that:
- You are above 18 years of age.
- You understand that you have provided specific consent to Sterlite to collect and process the User Submission (defined below) provided by you.
- The consent provided by you is the basis for lawful processing of User Submission by Sterlite.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The ownership of the content of the Websites along with all text, graphics, audio, designs, screen shots, logos, images, copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights are vested in Sterlite unless otherwise indicated. All rights in relation to such works shall be reserved with Sterlite and shall be its sole property.
- Content on the Website is for personal use only and may be downloaded provided the material is kept intact and there is no violation of the copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights. Any alteration of the material or use of the material contained in the Website for any other purpose shall constitute a violation of the copyright of Sterlite and / or its affiliates or associates or of its third-party information providers.
- Unless you have otherwise obtained Sterlite written permission, you agree not to copy, reproduce, duplicate, stream, capture, record, access through technology, transfer, sell, resell, upload, archive, license to others, edit, modify, reverse engineer, decode, manipulate, create derivative works from or based upon, publish, republish, post, transmit, publicly display, frame, link from or to, distribute, share, embed, translate, decompile, translate, incorporate into any hardware or software application, use for commercial purposes, or otherwise use or exploit the Website, its content, Website Services or any component or part thereof. Any of the unauthorized uses referred to above would constitute an infringement of the copyrights and other proprietary rights of Sterlite and/or its licensors and a violation of these TOU and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability under applicable laws.
- Subject tothese TOU (including, without limitation to the Section IV set forth), Sterlite hereby grants you, if and only to the extent the necessary functionality is provided to you on or through the Website, the following limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non- assignable, worldwide, royalty-free rights and licenses (each a "License"):
- the License to access, view and otherwise use the Website for your personal, non-commercial, lawful use only, as intended through the normal functionality of the Website;
- if the Website includes a "Download" link next to a piece of Website content, the License to download a single copy of such content to a single computer or other permitted device for your personal, non-commercial use only;
- License to use any other functionality expressly provided by Sterlite on or through the Website for use by users, subject to these TOU.
- THIRD PARTY COMMENTS AND LINKS
- The Website may provide links to and/or contain information about other websites and companies which may not be owned or controlled by Sterlite. The Website may also contain or display comments or contents of other companies or third parties which may or may not relate to the services provided by Sterlite. You acknowledge and understand that Sterlite does not endorse or sponsor such other third party websites, companies, services, products or other internet resources. Sterlite expressly and specifically disclaims that any responsibility and liability for any content, software, functionality and advertisements found on the Website or related to any such third party website, companies, services, products or other internet resources shall not be placed upon Sterlite.
- Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our home page and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
- The Website may ask you to provide information that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information available from the Website. This information may also be used to enable us to enhance your Website visit, to assist you with customer service or technical support issues, or to follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your relationship with us. It is completely optional for you to participate, however if you chose to provide your information it shall be considered to be given by your free and express consent.
- Collection of data/information: The Website may enable you to send, post, upload, transmit or otherwise submit to the Website or otherwise display or exchange (including, without limitation, with other Website users) on or via the Website (collectively, "Submit"), any information, images, or other content including but not limited to your personal and sensitive information including but not limited to your Name, Occupation, Age, Sex, E-mail Address, Phone, Mailing Address, Interests, Interested Services, budget, URLs you came from and go to, your browser and operating system information, your internet protocol address, your mobile provider, your mobile device, your Internet Service Provider, etc (collectively, your "User Submissions"). In some cases, the User Submissions that we collect will also include special categories of data, such as diversity related information (including data about racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs and other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership and data about sexual life and sexual orientation), or health data and data about alleged or proven criminal offences in each case where permitted by law. These User Submissions are generally provided by you when you register on the Website, subscribe to our newsletter, subscribe or participate in any events organized by Sterlite, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, in any, provide your feedback on our products or services or are specifically requested to enter User Submissions on the Website in any other manner.
- Legal Grounds for collecting/processing User Submission: You acknowledge that the specific consent provided by you with respect to the User Submissions is the legal ground in furtherance of which we collect/process your data. Sterlite may, if it so requires, collect/process the User Submissions on the basis of other legal grounds including but not limited to performance of contract, legitimate interest, legal obligation, etc.
- Automatic Collection of User Submissions or other data: In some instances, where cookies, chat Google, Google Analytics, Google Adword, Google AdSense Advertising and other technologies are used by Sterlite, Sterlite may collect certain User Submissions or any other data automaticallywhen you visit the Website, as well as through emails that we may exchange. The collection of this information allows Sterlite to customize your online experience, improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of the Website and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities. The details of few of the technologies which Sterlite may use for the automatic collection of User Submissions or other data is as follows:
- Cookies may be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit the Website. This allows the Website to remember your computer or device and serves a number of purposes. A notification banner may appear requiring your consent to collect cookies. If you do not provide consent, your computer or internet-enabled device will not be tracked for marketing-related activities. A secondary type of cookie referred to as "user-input" cookies may still be required for necessary functionality. Such cookies will not be blocked through the use of this notification banner. Your selection will be saved in a cookie and is valid for a period of 90 days. If you wish to revoke your selection, you may do so by clearing your browser's cookies. Please note that most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can choose whether or not to accept cookies via your browser's settings. You may also delete cookies from your device at any time. Please be aware that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to fully experience some of our web sites' features. Further information about managing cookies can be found in your browser's help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our web sites:
||Type & Expiry
|Performance (i.e., User's Browser)
||Our Website is built using common internet platforms. These have built-in cookies which help compatibility issues (e.g., to identify your browser type) and improve performance (e.g., quicker loading of content).
Deleted upon closing the browser
|Security (e.g. Asp .NET) Cookies
||If you register for access to a restricted area, our cookies ensure that your device is logged for the duration of your visit. You will need your username and password to access the restricted areas.
Deleted upon closing the browser
||Our cookies may also remember your site preferences (e.g., language) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g., by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you have registered specifically for access or create an account.
Deleted upon closing the browser
||We use several third party analytics tools to help us understand how site visitors use our web site. This allows us to improve the quality and content on our Website for our visitors. The aggregated statistical data cover items such as total visits or page views, and referrers to our web sites. For further details on our use of Google Analytics, please refer to Clause VII (6) (b).
||Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years if you no longer visit our Website.
|Site visitor feedback
||We use a third party survey tool to invite a percentage of visitors to provide their feedback. Cookies are used to prevent visitors from being invited multiple times.
The first cookie (1) is set if the visitor is not invited to participate in the survey, and is used to ensure visitors are not invited after their first page view.
The second cookie (2) is set if the visitor is invited to participate in the survey, and is used to ensure the visitor is not invited again to participate for a period of 90 days.
||Session, Deleted upon closing the browser
Persistent, Deleted automatically after 90 days or presenting survey invite.
||We use third party social media widgets or buttons to provide you with additional functionality to share content from our Website to social media websites and email. Use of these widgets or buttons may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages (e.g. the social share count cache is updated) and log information about your activities across the Internet and on our web sites. We encourage you to review each provider's privacy information before using any such service. For further details on our use of social media widgets and applications, please refer to Clause VII(7)
||Persistent, but will be deleted automatically after two years if you no longer visit our Website.
- Other third party tools and widgets may be used on our individual web pages to provide additional functionality. Use of these tools or widgets may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, and ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages properly.
- Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we may obtain other identifiers including IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our web sites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
- BY NAVIGATING ON OUR WEBSITE OR ENTERING YOUR LOGIN DETAILS TO ACCESS AREAS RESERVED FOR REGISTERED USERS, YOU AGREE THAT WE CAN PLACE THESE COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER OR INTERNET ENABLED DEVICE.
- Google Analytics
- We use Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Web beacons
- A web beacon is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computer, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type, and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server. We only use web beacons in accordance with applicable laws.
- Sterlite may use web beacons to track the effectiveness of third party web sites that provide us with recruiting or marketing services or to gather aggregate visitor statistics and manage cookies.
- You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address but cookie information will not be recorded.
- In some of our newsletters and other communications, we may monitor recipient actions such as email open rates through embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge user interest and to enhance future user experiences.
- Location-based tools:
- Sterlite may collect and use the geographical location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected for the purpose of providing you with information regarding services which we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location, and to improve our location-based products and services.
- Social media widgets and applications: Our Website may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Facebook Like button and Twitter widget. These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of the Website (see details on 'Social Sharing' cookies above). Any User Submissions or personal information that you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.In addition, our Website may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively "social media features"). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any User Submission or personal information that you provide on Serlite’ssocial media feature may be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we may have limited or no control.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose User Submissions through the Website, that information can be collected and used by any other third party as well. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your User Submission and personal information and you sharing your User Submission and personal information itself shall be considered and consenting to the collection and use of the same by others through the Website.
- If any part of the User Submission includes any content that is covered by intellectual property rights, you specifically give us the permission and grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the same.
- You acknowledge and agree that your User Submissions may be transmitted to other users of the Website or to any other third party as mentioned Clause VII (4) which may also be in furtherance of any project which Sterlite or its affiliates has undertaken.
- Sterlite is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Sterlite shall not be held liable for any third party liabilities in connection with any and all User Submissions, and you agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Sterlite or any of its affiliates with respect to such User Submissions.
- Data security and integrity:
- Sterlite has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect User Submissions from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite Sterlite’s best efforts, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your User Submissions is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We also make reasonable efforts to retain User Submissions only for so long:
- as it is necessary to comply with your request,
- as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements, or
- until you ask that the User Submissions be deleted.
- The period for which the User Submissions are retained will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected; however, subject to requirements of Clause VII (2) above, User Submissions will not be retained for more than 2 years.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- Your rights under any one or more of the Licenses set forth above and under this TOU are conditioned upon your compliance, with each of the following:
- You shall not to host, display, upload, modify, edit, delete, publish, transmit, update or share any information that -
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- infringes any intellectual property rights which include but not limit to patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- You will not remove, alter, interfere with or circumvent any of copyright, trademark, watermark, or other proprietary notices marked/displayed on the Website.
- You will not remove, alter, interfere with or circumvent any digital rights management mechanism, device or other content protection or access control measure (including, without limitation geofiltering and/or encryption) associated with
- You will not use any of the rights granted to you or any of the content on the Website in a manner that suggests an association with any of Sterlite services or brand, unless otherwisespecifically permitted by Sterlite.
- You will not use bots, spiders, offline readers or other automated systems to access or use the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Website’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser, unless you are a lawfully operating a public search engine, in which case (subject to Sterlite full discretion to revoke this exception at any time), you may use spiders to index materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices (but not caches or archives) of such materials.
- You will not transmit any material that contains adware, malware, spyware, software viruses, time bombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not do anything that is likely to adversely affect or reflect negatively upon or harm the goodwill or reputation of Sterlite or any of its affiliates, or the Website, or any of the content running or being promoted on the Website.
- You will not do anything on the Website that would prevent other user' access to or use of the Website or any part thereof.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By using the Website, you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk and that there is no warranty that this Website will be free of any computer viruses. The Website (and any portion of the Website) is provided "as is" "with all faults" and "as available" to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sterlite and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied (including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose and non-infringement). Neither Sterlite nor any of its affiliates make any warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of information available on or through the Website or other internet resources linked to the Website and assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the Website;
- any unauthorized access to any and allpersonal information stored in the Website;
- any interruption or cessation oftransmission toor from the Website;
- any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or thelike which may be transmitted to or through the Website (or any parts thereof) by any third party; and/or
- for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any user information and/or other Website content posted, shared, forwarded, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available on or through the Website.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL STERLITE, OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM YOUR USE (OR THE USE OF ANYONE USING AN ACCOUNT REGISTERED TO YOU) OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PARTS THEREOF.
- Material, content or information contained on or made available through the Website is not intended to and does not constitute any legal, financial or tax related advice nor does it, in any manner establish a Professional - Client relationship.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER AND ENFORCEMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS
- As per the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011, Sterlite has appointed a Grievance Officer. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You also have certain rights with respect to the User Submission/information provided by you. You may request Sterlite to remove/update/rectify/edit/complete/port/restrict from processing your User Submissions. You may send your requests to the above stated Grievance Officer and your requests will be processed by Sterlite within thirty (30) days of receiving the requests, unless communicated otherwise.
- Users or any victim who suffers as a result of access or usage of Website by any person can notify their complaints against such access or usage of the Website to the Grievance Officer or to the Supervisory Authority as the case may be. The Grievance Officer shall redress the complaints within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of complaint.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sterlite and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, licensees, authorized designees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable outside attorneys' fees and costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from:
- any of your wrong/false user information,
- your violation of any person's intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right,
- your misconduct or negligence by your or anyone accessing the Website in connection with your (and/or such other person's) use of the Website (in whole or in part).
- Sterlite reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Sterlite in asserting any available defenses. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Website.
- Further, in no event shall Sterlite or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable to any entity for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of information or programs or other data on your information handling system) that are related to the use of, or the inability to use, the content, materials, and functions of the Website or any linked Website.
- All provisions of this TOU shall remain in full force and effect in perpetuity notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Website.
If any provision of the TOU shall be held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these TOU and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The failure of Sterlite to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Sterlite performance under this TOU is subject to interruption and delay due to causes beyond its reasonable control such as acts of God, acts of any Government, war or other hostility, civil disorder, the elements, fire, explosion, power failure, failure of the Internet and other networks beyond the control of Sterlite, equipment failure, industrial or labour dispute, inability to obtain essential supplies and the like. Sterlite shall not be held liable if services with respect to the Website are interrupted or improper at any point of time due to Force Majeure events specified above.
- ARBITRATION AND GOVERNING LAW
- All disputes or differences of any nature whatsoever, arising between you and Sterlite shall be settled by mutual discussion. Sterlite or you may, at its own discretion, appoint an authorised representative for the sake of mutual discussion. If the dispute remains unresolved for a period exceeding 30 days from the date of reference of the dispute, then all actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to these TOU, or the Website or the breach of these TOU and/or the scope of the provisions of this arbitration clause, shall be submitted for final and binding arbitration under Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as amended) to a sole arbitrator. The venue of the arbitration shall be at Delhi, India and the language of the arbitration shall be English. The decision of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding on both the parties. The Arbitration proceedings shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi. Both you and Sterlite, to the extent it is reasonably possible shall continue to discharge their respective obligations during the pendency of Arbitration proceedings.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the Website, you will indemnify and hold Sterlite and its directors, agents, representatives, partners, employees and consultants harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- You agree and confirm that we do not control any direct users' actions on the Website and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on the Website. Sterlite is not responsible for any offensive, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on the Website. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable and governing laws when using or accessing the Website.