Meet us at Wireless Global Congress, Liverpool
Global Wi-Fi Market is forecasted to grow to 33.6 Billion USD by 2020 . Ever imagined what would be your share from this anticipated net worth? With the digitization fuelling in, by 2020, smartphones will represent 48.1% of global mobile-connected devices in use, and generate 80.8% of total global mobile data traffic. These are simply numbers but in this rapidly changing competitive environment, there is definitely room for new opportunities and challenges for service providers- be it Telcos, WISPs, Cablecos or even the pure play retailers and venue owners.
Not only Service providers globally have adopted different market strategies for rolling out Wi-Fi services but even enterprises, venues, other providers are now considering Wi-Fi as one of the enabler for enhancing customer experience and going a step forward considering Wi-Fi as one of the selling point. There are credible rollouts, a few interesting to mention here.
- Not only the in the on land cities, but now Wi-Fi reaches the waters as well. Calmac – a leading operator of passenger and vehicle ferries in Scotland now offer free Public Wi-Fi across its 200 mile long network at their 57 ports and slipways, and on board 31 ferries.
- Delta along with its in-flight Internet service provider Gogo, is now offering high-speed Wi-Fi on all of its transatlantic flights. With the addition of satellite Wi-Fi to its 767s, 747s, A330s and transoceanic 757s Delta flights it is now the “the world’s largest Wi-Fi equipped fleet.”
- MTS – an operator in India supported the initiative of offering Free Wi-Fi to people in exchange of a cleaner surrounding with a unique initiative — a ‘WiFi Trash Bin’. This works when somebody dumps trash into a dustbin the bin flashes a unique code, which can be used to gain access to free Wi-Fi.
- Metro stations in Tokyo and Metros and Trams in Manchester offer Free Wi-Fi Services.
- A large of mobile operators are rolling out Mobile Data offload to Wi-Fi and Vo-Wi-Fi services.
- With the digitization age advancing, cities and governments around the world are planning to move ahead for making their cities smart, first step to which is connectivity through Wi-Fi and broadband.
With all the pieces put together, the only question which revolves around every service provider offering Wi-Fi services is how can I grab my pie and stand out in this gamut of intense competitive world? The answer is your next-gen game changing Wi-Fi strategy in this ever evolving market and the innovative solution you opt for.
Elitecore, a global provider of Wi-Fi Service Management Platform (SMP) offers next-gen Wi-Fi services. Please meet us at the forthcoming WBA Wireless Global Congress at Liverpool, UK – 28th – 30th June, 2016, Stall No. 1 where Elitecore is showcasing next generation Wi-Fi solutions for Telcos, Wi-Fi Service Providers, ISPs, Enterprises, Venues, MVNOs as well as Government and city authorities to offer Public Wi-Fi, Smart cities & IoT, Intelligent offload, Wi-Fi Calling and monetization offerings.
Book a Meeting